3 - Conclusion
Let’s recapitulate what steps we’ve taken:
- We setup a local test environment with Kubernetes, HashiCorp Vault and Gaia.
- We saved sensitive data (Kube-Config) in our HashiCorp Vault instance.
- We build a powerful pipeline in Go and wrote tests for it.
- We executed the tests.
- We created a new pipeline in Gaia. Gaia automatically compiled our pipeline.
- We added secrets to Gaia’s Vault and executed the pipeline.
With just a few steps we created a powerful pipeline which is secure, tested, includes no hidden magic (at the end it’s just Go code), fast, and the most important part: It was fun!